I thought I'd focus a little today on what aspect we're working on in terms of the map.
As all good roguelike deckbuilders do there is an element of choice of which battle you will take next. In Dungeontop, we're focusing on making strategic choices but with some unknown elements that evoke exploration thrown in. So you can see the next room is always hidden but you have choices and there is a certain dungeon ecology which is evident.
Stumbling across a surprise encounter will also keep one on their toes, so careful management of health as a resource and other resources such as treasures and flarestones keep things interesting.
Those following in our discord might already be aware of our new title upcoming for PC. A roguelike deckbuilder with board combat! Stay tuned for more info as we develop it out!
The new Monk class just dropped, bringing the total to 10 playable classes in the game.
If you haven't jumped in already, the monk is a great way to get your feet wet, offering plenty of combos and a balanced skill set.
Keep an eye out for the upcoming chinese language update for Demontide!
Update v1.38 includes:
- Fixed all Weapon Strike upgrades
- Blazing Charge fixed
- Battered Helm description added
- Thor's Hammer description added
- AI Assassinate skill handling fixed
- Control Genjutsu and Bewitched no longer end turn
- Hanzo's Kunai now triggers Kenjutsu
- Club of Cursing fixed
Update v1.37 includes:
- Fixed Blade Ward
- Fixed Acid Arrow
- Reworded Vampire Bat
- Fixed Sweeping Strikes
- Improved voice overs
- Double click in crafting
- Card prices fixed in Gauntlet after purchase
- Chilling Touch now respects unattackable and prevent attack effects
- Beserk Life fixed
- Duplicate card names in Gauntlet fixed
- Fixed gaining max life in Gauntlet
Thanks to the huge support on the forum and discord, I'm happy to announce the following changes have been added and more are being worked on.
Build v1.36 includes:
- Improved AI going for victory
- Buffed Holy Knight symbol duration to 7
- Razor Demon battle tweaks
- Barbarian buffed +1 at 30 HP or less
- Fixed exiting gauntlet max life reset
- Rebalanced Hydra (nerfed slightly)
- Fixed Ice Guide carrying over battles
- Rebalanced some Mage spells
- Adjusted Ninja and added card Kentaro
Finally the game is on steam! Grab it right here.
And look out for the update which is making it's way onto all platforms
Build v1.35 includes:
- Fixed Hydra battle win conditions
- Battle AI stability improvements
- Fixed Ninja level 4 upgrade
- Fixed Substitution returning equipment
- Corrected Weapon Fusion
- Fixed puzzle Rebound
- Mist Maiden draw ability fixed
- Added Goblin summons to campaign
After almost a year on mobile I am very excited to announce a PC Win64 build is available for download over at itch.io! https://oneupplus.itch.io/spellsword-cards-demontide
Stay tuned for a Steam, iOS and Mac Store release soon!
- Recipe Book with notifications
- Campaign Hydra battle
- New recipes
- Level 4 ninja and Substitution skill tweak
- Save and reload decks
- Hard mode added
- 4 more campaign save slots
- Cutscenes can be skipped faster
- Fixed firebomb ingredients reappearing
- Reworked some AI behaviour
- Various UI fixes
- Gauntlet boss Hydra weakened
- Divine Wrath fixed
- Soul Harvest no longer circumvents Sword of Protection
- Harbinger's Call fixed
- Harpoon fixed
- Phoenix Fire saves
- Beserk Life fixed
- Flying Axe & Executioner fixed
- Strong brute fixed
- Flying knives saves
- Enduring Hammer reworked in Gauntlet
- Frost Breath fixed
- Knockout fixed
- Random Events not triggering in Gauntlet fixed
- Summoning Ease fixed
- Striking Blast fixed
- Faithful Steed targeting color green